top of page
Veteran Family

occupational therapy

DVA Household Services

Household services are provided to minimise the impact of an accepted service-related injury or illness (MRCA or DRCA**) and your ability to maintain your household activities while reducing the risk of further injury. The household services recommended can be provided over a short period of time or on an ongoing basis. These include the tasks that involve the running and maintenance of a person’s household; cleaning, laundry, ironing, shopping, meal preparation, cooking, lawn mowing and gardening.

**MCRA: (Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004)

**DRCA: Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation (Defence-related Claims) Act 1988

The process of DVA

1. How can a Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) veteran receive Household services? - Complete this form D9319 Claim for Household Services (

- Go to your GP to get it signed off - Send it to

2. DVA will then assess your application and send it through to a health care provider.

3. A qualified Occupational Therapist engaged by DVA will then undertake an assessment of your ability to undertake tasks which are required for the proper running and maintenance of your household.

4. The assessment is then sent back to DVA to be reviewed.

5. You will be notified by DVA directly regarding the outcome and any service or item approvals which they will support.

6. Once approved, you can then arrange for the services with your choice of provider.

bottom of page